Human Space Flight!
This course is designed to introduce aerospace medicine concepts in an interdisciplinary fashion to anyone who is interested in human spaceflight. There will be elements of physiology, medicine, law, policy, engineering, and history incorporated into the course. All materials will be presented in a manner that is easy to understand and fun to learn.
Course Learning Objectives:
With the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outline the effects of spaceflight on human physiology and the medical issues that may arise during space travel
- Compare and contrast daily life on Earth with living and working in space
- Critically analyze the impact of both long duration and long distance spaceflight on human health
- Evaluate the medical requirements for commercial space endeavors
- Analyze the increasingly interdisciplinary and international nature of human spaceflight